Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Laney Update and Nursery Progression

Only 9 weeks and 6 days to go!!! Today I went in for a check up and Laney girl is doing fantastic. She is estimated to be about 3lbs, 15 in, and her heart rate was 147. Jareth thought hearing her heart beat was pretty cool. He gave me the biggest smile when we heard it on the monitor and I told him that it was sissy.
I'm doing well too. My back pain has lightened up. The maternity belt seems to be helping. I feel huge and putting my boots on this morning got me into a sweat. I've gained 22 lbs so far. I keep telling myself that 3 of that is Laney and at least a couple more are due to extra fluid and placenta growth..... right?! ; ) I can't believe we are just over 2 months away from meeting our little princess.
We spent this past weekend at home due to my having a cold and back pain. We were able to get a lot of stuff done though. Jon painted the nursery and we hung the tissue paper flowers I had made over the crib. We also got all of the clothes we have gotten so far washed and hung up and got out and washed all of Jareth's bottles and feeding supplies. I had forgotten how much space that stuff takes up in the cabinets. We need a bigger house!!! We don't have the bedding yet, her bumper is being made by a girl on ETSY and I think I'm going to make the blanket myself. We will see.. I started working on cradle bedding and embellishing diaper cloths. I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I've been so excited to start making things. Here are a few pictures of what we did over the weekend and my craft projects.





1 comment:

Leslie Campbell said...

Omg.so precious! I can't wait to meet that beautiful Laney!