Monday, January 30, 2012

And More Doctor..

In my last post I described my week filled with doctors appts. My first two were a bust (I got scolded for eating fruit loops and not flossing well enough) and I had two more to go. I wasn't feeling right so I scheduled another appt with my OB before my planned visit to the urologist. Well, neither of them went that great either. I found that my nausea, dizziness, and fatigue are due to anemia. I got my finger pricked, a couple of viles of blood drawn, and was loaded down with iron supplements. Apparently a hemoglobin count of 10 isn't favorable. Of course that appt ran late but my urology appt was just upstairs in the same building. I have to say I'm not a big fan of the urologist office. There was a urinal in the exam room not two feet from my chair and I was the youngest patient in the office by, seriously, 45 years. It just wasn't pleasent. I had been refered to the urologist by my OB due to repeated descrepencies in my urine samples. So, I went to the appt made for me and sat for 30 minutes in the exam room after giving a urine sample for the doctor to come in. Basically he asked me a few questions and said that he wanted to wait to do further tests after I deliver the baby. He was nice and was thorough and said he didn't think anything was wrong but felt better to do some x-rays once Laney has arrived.
Doctors: 4 and Heather: 0

No comments: