Saturday, August 1, 2009
Packing for Labor and Delivery
With all of these lovely Braxton Hicks (practice) contractions I've been having I've started to think about what I need to pack for the hospital. I've looked at several lists online and asked other mommies what they thought and compiled a list of my own. Here is what I have listed so far.
I plan to take two bags along with the computer bag, my medium size baby bag for all of Jareth's things and an over sized bag for mine and Jon's.
1. Computer for music and down time if labor is very long
2. Camera and Video Recorder
3. Snacks for Jon and hard candy for me
4. Bathing suit top in case I want to get in the tub
5. A robe for post delivery, extra socks, and flip flops
6. Toiletries such as toothbrush, paste, hair brush, makeup
7. Clothing for Jon including Swim trunks in case he needs to help me shower
8. Going home outfits for Jareth and myself
9. Extra pads
10. Nursing bra and nursing pads
11. Baby blanket so I don't have to take him home in a hospital blanket
12. Car Seat!!
13. A focal point such as a photo
14. The door hanger I made welcoming Jareth into the world
15. Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. Suess to read to him shortly after he is born
16. Something celebratory to pass out to those in attendance
17. Chapstick or lip balm because all that huffing and puffing dries your lips
18. A copy of my birthplan, although that may go completely out the window : )