Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Crafting, Simple Flower Mobile

This was a very simple project, which is what I'm all about! I didn't take pictures of the process but I will give you a quick recap of what I did. I bought three packages of silk flowers in different colors and sizes and a bridal headband from Hobby Lobby. I already had the scrap booking decals and needle and thread at home. I measured out four different lengths of string and cut three of each size. I knew I wanted a cascading effect. Then, using a needle I threaded the flowers onto each string spacing them out. I had to make a stitch in each flower at the place I wanted it on the thread to make it stay put. Then I added little sticky back rhinestones to some of the flowers and sewed each strand onto the head band. Easy as instant pudding! Just be careful not to tangle the strands up. They can be difficult to separate. Here it is!

No comments: