Friday, September 4, 2009

Apparently Sleep Doesn't Exist in the Third Trimester

The night before last was, well, ridiculous. Between the lying down at 10:00 pm and Jon leaving at 7:00 am I was able to get a entire two hours of sleep. My stomach feels like it weighs the full 30 lbs that I have gained all on its own, my back hurts, the heartburn is unbearable, and Jareth likes to sleep during the day and exercise all night. The only sleep I got during the night was in the guest room, which has a firmer mattress, for two hours and then the alarm clock went off. After Jon left for work I gave in and took a benedryl allowing me to sleep from about 8:00 to 11:00.
Last night I felt exhausted as soon as I hit the pillow and actually fell asleep fairly quickly. However, I woke up after an hour and a half with a stretching pain in my lower abdomen and my hips were aching (time to grown again!). This time I went straight to the guest room, after a trip to the bathroom of course, and fell right to sleep. I slept through the night. The firmer mattress seems to help I think that I am officially in the guest room now. Sorry Jon, this momma needs her sleep!

No comments: