Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Nursery

I am dying to decorate the nursery now that we know we are expecting a girl! I've had an idea of what I want to do for a while now. Browsing through Etsy one day I came across these.
I immediately decided if we were having a girl she was going to have an Alice in Wonderland nursery. Nothing over the top and not "cartoonish" (which I can't stand). More storybook like. So I started browsing around and came across these beautiful drawings.
I fell in love. Oh yes, little miss yet to be named is going to have a wonderland of her own. And I'm really liking purple. I always imagined if I had a girl her nursery would be pink but I have to say purple has really grown on me. I love the purple shades on the teapot and the lotus in the drawings.
I want the room to be lavender and she will be using Jareth's white furniture. I want to put the three prints over the changing table and make a ribbon chandelier to put over the glider. The only trouble I'm having is with the bedding. I can't find a set that I like that won't break the bank. I really love this set that I came across but even if I could afford it, there is no way I'd spend $800 on baby bedding.

So I called my nana and she said she can help me make a set. I think I want a medium to dark purple fabric that has a pretty sheen to it like this set does. I want it to be very feminine but simple. No bold patterns or print on it. I don't think it will be too hard. I hope...
I can't wait to get started on this. There's only one issue we have; the house is on the market. If we happen to be in this house when she is born, and fingers are crossed that we won't, the guest room will become the nursery. What if we fix up the nursery and the house sells? What if we don't and we are scrambling come March to have it ready in time. It's very frustrating to sell a house. And we really don't want to be here when baby girl arrives. I'm sure we can make it work but we really want more space. For one thing the guest room is where Jon's closet is. My clothes take up all the closet space in our room and Jareth's does in his too. But as I said, fingers are crossed that we won't be here in March and I will get to decorate the new nursery in a big/ger new house!

4 comments:

Brandy said...

I love the idea. Sounds so sweet and whimsical. (sp?) Khade and Zoey will be sharing a room at our house which Khade actually seems very excited about. We did convert the "man cave" to a toy/playroom. It looks GREAT! As for the selling of your house...have you guys thought of just renting it till you can possibly sell it as an extra source of income? Just wondering...That's what we plan to do with our house when we start building.

Tales of a young mamma said...

Found your blog throw WTE- I'm on the April board as I'm due then ( obviously) but I love finding other pregnancy/mamma blogs so I'm your newest follower! And I LOVE the name Remi! SO unique! Seriously it's darling. I know several laneys and liliana's so my vote is def. for Remi :)

Unknown said...

We have discussed renting and our agent actually asked us about it too. She has someone needing to rent. But it makes me so nervous. I don't know what we will do.

Unknown said...

Thanks "young mamma" We like that name too. Dh loves that name. Thanks for following!