Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Monkey turns 2!

In 45 minutes my little man will officially be two years old. I think back to what I was doing at this moment on the day he was born. The nurse was coming in to check and see if it was time to push yet. Jon was at my side rubbing my forehead. Mom and aunt Dana were taking photos and encouraging me. When I was 9cm dilated the nurse said it was time. I blinked and all of the sudden my labor room had magically transformed into a delivery room and 45 mintues later my beautiful son arrived. And my life as I knew changed forever.
How can it be that, that was two years ago? That tiny little 21 inch, 7 lb 15 oz baby boy is now over 2 1/2 ft tall and weighs about 32 lbs. He is running and talking and even starting to potty train. He hold a crayon like a big boy and understands humor that I didn't think he would get for years. My monkey is a big boy now. And I am a proud, proud momma.
Jareth's party was this past weekend. It was so much fun! It was Woody themed from Toy Story. It was in Athens at my in laws house. We had a bounce house in the yard and gave out cowboy hats, sheriff badges, and bandanas.  His cake was "Woody" themed and all the decorations were Toy Story. My friend, Brittany, even made an awesome character drawing with the face cut out so all the kids could take photos as Woody. And there were two suprise visitors. Jessie and Buzz made an appearance! Here are some photos of the big day.






No comments: