Monday, February 27, 2012

A Weekend for Me

My sweet friend, Danyell, called me about a month ago asking me if anyone had mentioned throwing me a shower. I told her "no" and she asked me what I wanted to do this time around. I told her I'd like something different since it was my second baby, maybe something smaller and intimate. She said to leave it up to her. All I knew was the date and that I was supposed to dress up. So exciting! I have to say it was hard to let go and let my friends take care of all the details without my knowledge though. I'm a little bit of a control freak...just a little.
The Friday night before shower I got to have some one on one time with Heather. We went to the Home and Garden Show and had dinner at Chesapeake's. (By the way, their smoked salmon plate is AMAZING!) Afterward she hung out at the house for a little while and then I had the house all to myself. Nice. I slept in on Saturday and it was wonderful. But I did miss my little alarm clock and had to call my little boy. Then, I layed around the house all morning until Erin and Danyell got into town. I loved getting to spend time with these girls. It's not often I get to have them to myself. We went to Market Square for lunch at Blue Coast Burrito and browsed around at the shops. Then it was time to get ready.
The shower turned out wonderfully and I absolutely loved the venue! It was held at Cru Bistro and Wine Bar in Turkey Creek. Jon and I had been there a couple of times and really liked the place so he suggested it to the girls. We had the party in the lounge area where there was live music. Heather made a centerpiece incorporating details from Alice in Wonderland and Danyell had the prettiest cupcakes made. It was very classy. Laney got some really great gifts. The clothes are to die for. She is going to be the best dressed girl around. And oh my goodness at the bows! I need to count them. It's going to be a long time before she has to repeat a hairpiece! There were 13 guests in all, several of which drove over an hour to be there. I am so loved. : ) Here are a few photos from the night.






No comments: