Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Maternity Photo Shoot...of a different kind

About a month ago my good friend and photographer, Brittany, invited me via a facebook event to do a budior photo shoot. I soon texted her asking, "You do know I'm pregnant, right!?" She explained that she was getting a group of ladies together for an all day shoot and she wanted me to be her pregnant "model".(I use that term loosely) I was a little nervous at first but I knew I could trust Brittany to make this 8 month pregnant body look at least halfway decent. She is a phenomenal photographer. I decided to make this a Valentine's Day suprise for Jonathan. It was hard to keep the secret but it was very worth it! When the day arrived for the photo shoot I didn't know exactly what to expect. I was told to bring a few items such as lingerie and heels and Brittany sent me some inspirational photos to look at. My appointment was at 3:00 on Saturday and Jon was very curious as to why I was spending so much time on my hair and makeup before I went out to "run errands." When I got to Brittany's and she got started on me I felt so comfortable. Although she is my friend and I would feel fine walking around her half-naked anyway, she was very professional and I think anyone would feel at ease with her. She gave me great instruction and really made the process fun. If anyone out there reading this needs a good photographer, I highly recommend her. After the shoot I asked her if she would have a couple of prints ready by Valentine's Day and she said she would email me one or two so I could suprise Jon. I got something much better than that. Within three, yes THREE, days she texted me that I could come pick up the entire disk! Poor girl probably didn't get any sleep! I was so excited that I took my computer with me so I could check them out immediately. And......they turned out beautifully. I am so happy with my photos! I was so excited to show Jon. I took the disk to Walgreens and made his Valentine's card using one of the photos on the front and I printed off a couple more that I thought he would like. That night, Tuesday night, and yes the night before Valentine's Day I decided to go ahead and give Jon the card. We were cuddling up downstairs and I said something to the effect of "Okay, I can't wait 'til tomorrow!" and I took him upstairs and handed him the card. When he opened it he got the biggest smile on his face and started throwing words like "beautiful," "stunning," and "sexy" around. I think he liked them. I loved how suprised he was. Even 8month pregnant women can be sexy too. Thank you Brittany!
Now I can't put all the photos on here, there are some people in my life that don't want or need to see all of the goods, but here is a small sample of Brit's work.








No comments: