Friday, January 3, 2014

Dear Remi

We are just days away from your expected due date and I find myself in a whirlwind of emotion. One moment I'm anxiously pacing the floor, trying to bring on labor. Then other times, I find myself patiently belly gazing, not wanting my last pregnancy to end quite yet.
My pregnancy with you has been wonderful. Sure, I had my share of morning sickness as well as general aches and pains and in the very beginning I wasn't quite sure how in the world I was going to be able to take care of three kids....but I've felt more at ease this time around. Maybe it's because I'm more prepared and more of a veteran mom now. Perhaps it's because your dad and I have never been better and we are in a great place both financially and in our relationship. Whatever it is, it's good. It feels good. Don't get me wrong, we are completely stressed out at times. Your big brother and sister are quite a handful and adding another baby to the mix is going to be interesting. I think we can manage though. You'll just have to forgive me for my insanities at times, I can be a bit crazy. I'm quite impatient as well. And I'm a little stubborn. But I'll love you more than anything else in the world. You'll see that one of my strengths and weaknesses is that I love really hard and that my family comes before anything else.
I just can't wait to meet you, little Remi. I can't wait to hold you in my arms and smell your sweet skin and hold your tiny hand. I can't wait to see what and who you look like. I can't wait to get to know your personality and watch you with Jareth and Laney. My prediction is that you'll be sweet and gentle natured. Of course you'll be beautiful.
I'll try to keep being patient until you're ready to make your debut. There are a lot f people ready to see you though, including your big brother. He is old enough to understand that he is getting another baby sister and he is just thrilled. He talks to you often. Laney thinks you are in her belly. She pats her tummy and says "Remi." It's very sweet. And your daddy, well, he is just excited as can be to have another baby girl. He can't wait to cuddle with you. We are all so excited to bring you into our family! You are loved!

No comments: