Monday, July 22, 2013

16 Weeks!

That's right! We are already 16 weeks along with the love child! Yep, unplanned baby = love child in our book. I'm feeling a lot better than I was in my first trimester. It was a rough one. I was very nauseated and extremely fatigued, more so than in my first two pregnancies. I'm not having any real cravings. I love sweets but that's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm thirsty a lot! I try to drink a lot of water.
I've been feeling the baby move some in the past week. It's been more of a rolling type of movement than any kicking. According to my pregnancy app on my phone, he or she is roughly the size of an avocado. Speaking of "he or she," we get to find out the sex in two weeks! Everyone keeps asking me the same two questions. "Do you want a boy or a girl this time since you already have one of each?" and "Are you going to let it be a surprise?"
My reply to the first question is a big "I don't really care." And I don't. I've learned with my son and daughter that there are wonderful things about having each. Sure it would be easier to have a girl because we already have all of Laney's baby stuff but having two girls so close in age could be tricky in the long run. And sure, it would be nice to have another boy since Jareth is almost four and we just had a girl however, the boys would be so far apart I don't know how well they would play together as they got older. Either way, it doesn't matter and we are very excited to be adding another Anderson baby to the family!
Now, my reply to the second question is a resounding, "heck no!" I have no desire to wait until the baby is born to find out whether she's a she or he's a he. I was surprised when I found out I was pregnant and I will be surprised on the sixth of August when I found out what we are having. I've been feeling like she's a girl but I've had two dreams that he's a boy. We will see soon enough and I will have plenty of time to prepare the baby room and the layette.
16 weeks down and 24 to go!

No comments: